How to Work in the U.S. as a Nigerian – Nigerian to USA

If you’re a Nigerian citizen looking to work in the United States of America (USA), then this post is for you.

If you’re a Nigerian looking to work in America, you’ll need a permit to work, also known as an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) – which lets you work in the US.

In this post, we’ll go through the different ways by which you can get that employment authorization card (EAD)by providing answers to your frequently asked questions.


A few notes before we get started:

  • This post primarily focuses on Nigerians living in Nigeria. If you’re already in the US (legally) on a nonimmigrant visa (for example, the F1 student visa or B1 business visa), you’ll only need to change your visa status or adjust your visa status to a visa category that’ll allow you to get the employment authorization and start working.